Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Stronger

Cue Britney Spears song.

Or not.

So I've had a shitty couple of days, and wasn't feeling great this morning either, but I just got back from the gym and I'm feeling so much better (though sweaty and hungry). I really just wanted to lay in bed, but J practically forced me out the door. I have a much easier time going and feeling motivated when he's there. He's a great running buddy. But today it was just me, and halfway through my ab work I realized that I felt like I had surfaced. LIke I'd been submerged in something for the last couple of days. But I always feel more myself when I have a good workout, because it makes me feel strong and proud of my body for what it can do. I can't work out like I like to when I'm not eating enough, so not only is it incentive to eat well, but I also feel justified in doing so when I've worked hard.

*I should note that I am not and never was an over-exerciser. I am way too lazy for that shit. I do very minimal cardio (I slow-jog for about a mile) and prefer strength training.

I also had a little boost when I was lifting weights and noticed the girl next to me. Now, since this is my university gym, there are always plenty of super skinny girls who I glare at with envy. But this girl was a good ten pounds heavier than me (still thin), but also had more muscle. And I realized that this girl was far more attractive than the skinnier girls at the gym. And if I thought this, guys must think this as well. It's always helpful for me to have those real life encounters that support the idea that "real" girls are more attractive than skinny ones. Makes me want to go eat a burger. Which is exactly what I'm going to do after my shower.

No comments: